Many of our patients are hospice patients who are in the advanced stages of painful and uncomfortable illnesses. Lynn’s La Vega Pharmacy provides custom compounded medications for these clients. Due to the severe nature of many of their illnesses, many of these medications must be compounded in strengths and dosages that are not commercially available.
Lynn’s La Vega Pharmacy also specializes in creating a wide variety of compounded medication types, such as topical gels, concentrated liquids, lozenges, troches, pills, tablets, sprays, and gel capsules. Our professional and experienced compounding staff is able to create custom compounded medications tailored to meet your individual needs.
Whether you live in a hospital, hospice, long-term healthcare facility, or simply within your own home, our goal is to make our patients' lives as comfortable and painless as possible, regardless of their age or illness.
- Provides relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- Affirms life and regards dying as a normal process
- Intends neither to hasten nor postpone death
- Integrates the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Offers a support system to help patients live as actively as possible
- Offers a support system to help the family cope
- Uses a team approach to address the needs of patients and their families
- Will enhance quality of life
Hospice care is applicable early in the course of illness, in conjunction with other therapies that are intended to prolong life, such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
As Compounding Pharmacists, we work closely with your Doctor to suggest therapies that will work for a patient with a wide variety of unique conditions, to alleviate their pain and discomfort. Compounded medications are often the perfect choice for palliative care patients and allow for a customized approach to a patient’s condition and response to treatment.